Symptoms of vaginal yeast infections in women may be mild or very uncomfortable. These may be similar to symptoms of other kinds of vaginal infections, and may include
- Itching, burning, and irritation of the vagina
- Itching, redness and irritation of the vulva
- Painful urination and/or intercourse
- Abnormal vaginal discharge, usually described as looking like cottage cheese
- Make an appointment with your doctor if you suspect you have a vaginal yeast infection and have never been diagnosed before.