Panty liners are feminine hygiene products created to help a woman feel fresher, drier, and more confident at any time day or night.
What is a Panty Liner?
Panty liners are thin, highly absorbent pieces of material that adhere to the inside of the panties and act as a barrier against a wide variety of vaginal discharge types. Often associated with something a woman would use during her period, panty liners are also great for everyday use to simply feel fresher, cleaner and more confident.
Compared to sanitary napkins or pads, liners are usually thinner and narrower. This means their absorption capacity is less, but they are also more comfortable and less noticeable. Compared to tampons, which are inserted into the vagina to absorb menstrual leakage, panty liners offer external protection. They can help catch some of the leaks that can occur when using tampons.
Panty liners come in all sizes, different shapes and even some scented options to choose from, depending on the situation. Do you need a tiny liner for a bathing suit or thong? Do you need a liner that is smaller than a regular-sized pad but longer than a traditional-sized liner? Carefree® offers many styles and shapes available to cover a variety of lifestyle needs.
Panty Liner Uses
Use panty liners whenever you want to feel fresh, protected and not worry about daily feminine hygiene issues. Carefree® Acti-Fresh® Liners are so soft, thin and two times more absorbent, you hardly realize it's there. Here are some common everyday uses for liners:
- Protect against light menstrual flow
- Used with tampons to catch menstrual leaks
- Protection from spotting or irregular menstrual cycles
- Feminine odor control
- Vaginal perspiration
- Post-sex leakage
- Urinary incontinence
Choosing the Right Liner
Because every woman’s body is unique, there are a variety of panty liner options to choose from. Carefree® provides a panty liner product line to meet the various needs of your lifestyle, from comfortable absorbency to discreet everyday protection. Here are some things to consider when choosing the right panty liner for you:
- Scented or Unscented – Many panty liners, including Carefree®, come in lightly scented and unscented varieties. Some women prefer a light fragrance for extra comfort and odor control, while other women prefer a classic non-scented approach.
- Length – Depending on your unique body shape, coverage needs, and comfort preference, panty liners come in a variety of lengths. Carefree® liners, for example, come in regular, long and extra-long varieties.
- Thickness – Liner thickness can impact both absorbency level and comfort. If you are looking to use a liner for everyday freshness outside of normal menstrual cycle, a thin panty liner provides a great combination of comfort and absorbency for occasional leakage. If you need a panty liner to use during a heavier flow day, a regular or long panty liner will be slightly thicker and provide better protection. For these heavy flow days, you might want to use a panty liner in addition to a tampon.
Tips for Using a Panty Liner
- Keep panty liners handy. Keeping a few in your purse, desk, or bathroom ensures you are always prepared if you need surprise feminine protection.
- Wash your hands before applying a panty liner
- Removing the adhesive wings and/or adhesive strip on the back of the panty liner
- Replace the liner as needed throughout the day. Carefree® Acti-Fresh® liners provide 8 hours of odor protection, but you may want to change your liner a couple times each day if you are experiencing heavier flow. During light flow days or for protection outside your period, it may only be necessary to change once per day.
Note: This article is for informational purposes only and does not constitute medical advice.